Friday, December 9, 2011

The final Run To Remember

The final Run To Remember by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

  • Weather: Low of -4c High of 5c (24.8 F to 41 F) Sunny
  • Distance for Today : 29.82 km 18.52 miles
  • Total Distance to Date: 7873.11 kl (4904.79 mi)

Wow I finished. I have run across the country. I have run 7873.11 km. Such a feeling. 

I don't think it's all sunk it yet. I will need a couple of day's to process. 

My mission was to yell as loud as I could all across Canada about Brain Injury. I did not want anyone to ever go through what me and my family went through. 

I met some of the amazing people. I lost so many memory's ;') 

Today is the picture of the finish. In the coming day's I will post again my favorite pics and talk about the over all experience. Right now. I am heading to bed. I am tired. 







 Me jumping into the Ocean. I did it. One Ocean to the other.









Off to sleep. More tomorrow. I got all the time in the world. I don't have to run!!

2 comments:

  1. you did it- truly amazing- huge thank you from all survivors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David, I have not been near a computer for 2 days so I could not keep track of your progress or send you a note. I was just getting ready to go for a run when I remembered (remembering things does not happen all the time but is sweet when I do)that I have to check David's Run update!!! Well when I seen your update and all the information about you finishing your run I started to cheer very loud and I just started to cry because I was so happy and excited for you. You have proven that if someone wants to do something they just have to believe in themselves and not give up!!!! You have become a true inspiration to myself and to MANY other people across the country. Your life story about the difficulties that you were dealt with and still deal with after your brain injury, how much more you recovered than you were told you would and what you did to help so many people who have to deal with brain injuries (myself included)!! Your story will go down in history as a truly inspiring story for all those who have problems and need proof that a person should never give up on their future without staying positive and working at what needs to be done in order to get better. I insist on keeping a positive attitude towards life no matter what problems are thrown at me including my brain injury that has been a very long battle with many highs and lows that I will never give up on and still plan to win! I think of problems as a challenge and when growing up I was never known to back down from any challenge and never will!! I believe we talked about what I do in my garage (woodworking) I build anything outta any kind of wood so you pick a style and size (hardwood, stained, varnished) of picture frame to hang on your wall with a picture of you running and I will gladly make it for you as a gift for your accomplishment (I make frames for people that are so fancy that they should have insurance on them )!! You take care and take some time for your body to recover. When I have photo albums done for me I always right a story on the back of each photo because I won't remember otherwise. All the best to you and your future, Thanks again Sean(Life's a gift so live it and love it)Deleau

    ReplyDelete