Friday, May 6, 2011

Trugging along in Baddeck

Trugging along in Baddeck by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

I was having a bit of a rough run today. My ankles are hurting and I had a huge lack of energy. I kept on trucking and was at about the 3 hour mark and decided to take a minute and rest up at a Gas station in Wagmatsook. We pull in and Melissa is there so we can do a Skype chat with BrainTrust Canada annual convention.

While waiting a Gentleman and his daughter come over to the SUV. He said he saw me running yesterday and wanted to meet me. He had his daughter Keanna with him and she handed a small drum her mom had made. It was so awesome.


As we are sitting in the truck doing the BrainTrust Skype call to the convention. A whole group shows up by the SUV.



So I did a little impromptu "Protect your head talk" and they all went back to there Church. It was truly moving. I met a couple of women there as well that were so supportive and great. 
As I continued my run. I was jogging along and Winston ran up to me. Now I didn't see Winston coming. I was listening to my music and all the sudden he was there (see the video I posted earlier) He was fantastic and we had a great run. 

My run for the day came to an end. While I found some energy from the people in Wagmatsook at about the 31kl mark. I was running out of gas. So we called it a day. 


















On our way back I wanted to stop at this store I saw during my run. It's called Wagmatcook Center and Monica and Charles Googoo opened up the store for us. I told them about the little girl we met and they not only knew her but Keanna's mom made the little drum. So I picked up a couple other little collectibles and thanked for there time.

It was truly a very moving day. Both physically and mentally. I was really touched by the spirit and the friendship that this town had. It meant allot.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome group of kids! I love that these youths are supporting you and keeping motivated :)

    ReplyDelete