Saturday, May 7, 2011

Foot Solutions Halifax and Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia

So today was a no run day. It was a long drive to Halifax to the Foot Solutions. We were met by the owner David and he had some supplies sent from the Foot Solutions Vancouver for me. I also picked up a few new pairs of shoe's.

The Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia had arranged for a Nurse to meet me there and fix up my feet. Over 30kl a day of consistent running can work the feet pretty hard. They had also arranged for Brian who worked for Snap Halifax to take some photo's and help get the story of Brain injury out there.

Both the Nurse (sorry I forgot her name but it should be on the brain trust website) and Brian (My mom remembered her name) were fantastic.

We then had a meet and great at the Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia annual general meeting. This was magical. This is why I am doing the run. It was preaching to the converted as far as brain injury goes. So I got to change my normal speech to talking to people that no it all to well.

What was fantastic was the people. From survivors, to caretakers, to medical people to fantastic artists. It was a room full of my peep's.

I was blown away by Laura Smith. Such an incredible artist who brings her own personal story to every song she sings. There is no auto tune. This is a musician singing from her heart. It was something very special.

Today was a very over stimulating day for me. Lot's happening. So I am sorry that my brain shut's down when it's over stimulated. It's like a computer running to many programs at one time. It all just shuts down.

However I have new shoes, healthy feet, a belly full of food and some much needed rest. Tomorrow here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment